Tuesday 26th October 2021

Friday links

Posted on June 9th, 2017 10 Comments

Nothing is better than a library, unless it’s a dog.

2. y.k. says:

ogosh yes -I’ve always used LYFT instead- just as good in my experience!

3. MariaO says:

There are so many reasons not to support Uber. SO MANY REASONS. What a total jerk that guy is.

4. Jennifer says:

In New York City, Curb lets you hail a yellow (or a green) cab, and I’ve had really good experiences with it. It’s especially good if you’re somewhere where street hails seem sparser. You can add payment info into the app or pay cash, etc.

5. S. says:

I ditched Uber and started going cab only after the cabbies in NYC refused to take people to and from the airport in support of the protests of Trump’s first Muslim travel ban. (Remember that night? Feels like a hundred years ago.) Cab drivers tend to be unionized, and I like that. I like to support industries that support labor unions.

Loved the thing on the companion animals. I could read that sort of stuff all day long.

6. DeDe says:

PS, This is from yesterday, but I just got through that Beatles song-ranking thing and OMG it is so good! I especially liked #88 (Run for Your Life) – “Docked 20 notches for making you sing along with a guy who wants to kill his girlfriend.” I mean, *seriously*. The entire description is 100% on point.

7. ed says:

Yes, I quit the Uber. Uber doesn’t provide transport for the disabled. Uber doesn’t treat women staff with any respect. Uber’s CEO is ugly to a foreign born driver. Too many downsides. Glad to hear someone else I respect is thinking about quitting. There will be others who pick up geolocation.’

8. Amber says:

Surprised no one mentioned Juno. They were bought by Gett, but they pay their drivers a lot more and treat them as employees. Most of the drivers I meet work for all the companies and say it’s the best.