Monday 15th August 2022

The GOACA denim guide part 2: boyfriend jeans

screen-shot-2016-09-11-at-11-58-45-am

For as long as I can remember, I’ve wanted jeans that fit me the way guys’ jeans fit them: relaxed, slouchy, with room to move. And so I was thrilled when manufacturers introduced the boyfriend jean (and its cousin, the “relaxed skinny”) and I live in fear of the day the trend dies. So I stockpile like mad. And I’d love to add any of the following to my collection, starting with this just slightly faded-out black pair from Citizens of Humanity.

fling-boyfriend

These are seriously roomy and look great low-slung at the hips.

star-embellished

Of course I had to include this bit of crazy-fabulousness.

screen-shot-2016-09-11-at-12-01-17-pm

nice, clean pair with minimal distressing.

screen-shot-2016-09-11-at-12-02-05-pm

I love a good grey pair of jeans.

Posted on September 19th, 2016 9 Comments

I want them all. Period.

2. kates says:

I bought those black Citizens of Humanity jeans a few months back after you linked to them, and I’m so happy I did. They are a perfect fit for me and I wear them all the time. Guess it’s time for a blue denim pair with the same cut.

3. Ita Darling says:

Lmfao- I wore almost exactly the same bottom
    Outfit today. Same grey CE Fling jeans, same army jacket from The Great, and a Zara, striped top. Exceptions being I wore with brown buttery leather palladium midtops and a brown Jérôme Dreyfus bag.

4. Barbara Wolfe says:

I have almost no rear end and thus have been wearing men’s jeans for about 40 years now. They fit me perfectly and are so comfortable. I drifted into women’s jeans a few years ago when I miraculously got down to a size 10, just because the number made me so happy. As I heft up again, I’ve gone back to the men’s.

5. Lisa says:

Does anyone else share my weird insistence only 100% cotton jeans? Especially for boyfriend jeans.

I’m expecting crickets.

• Barbara Wolfe says:

100% cotton and other natural fibers for me. I have had to compromise on spandex a few times, but not in my jeans. Cotton or they stay in the store.

Gotta have a teensy bit of stretch for me, Lisa. Maybe my proportions are off or they cut strangely, but the stretch makes it work. Paige Jimmy Jimmy skinny boyfriends for me!

7. gablesgirl says:

Why do I look so incredibly bad in this cut? I am curvy and the style makes mellow like I’m trying to hard.