Archive for February, 2015
This young lady looks rather great, and for me it’s all about the interesting proportions created by that big old hulking scarf.
Just like this one from Emerson Fry that I’ve had my eye on for ages.
I did this the other day.
- In case you missed it: Patricia Arquette’s feminist throwdown of an acceptance speech from last night’s Oscars. (The Cut)
- And because it only seems right: a slideshow from the red carpet. (Vulture)
- Oh my God, this. (Laughing Squid)
- School cafeteria lunches from around the world, and Italy’s in particular puts ours to shame. (Visual News)
- This drone footage of frozen Niagra Falls is way trippy. (Time)
I don’t even need a new grinder, but I really need this grinder.
My inspiration: the early years of Nicholas Nixon’s iconic portraits of the uber-WASP-y Brown sisters.
Such a winningly orangey-bright hue.
Bootcut jeans are beginning to feel just about right again.
Few things more perfectly sportif than Tretorns.
The trick to pulling off pearl studs without looking mumsy is to make sure you wear a pair that’s on the small side.
I’m loving the look of a simple metal choker—not at all unlike the one I wore every day of seventh grade—right now.
- We’re just wrapping up fashion week here in New York, and as usual, the street style was clowntastic. (Racked)
- This kitchen has been untouched since 1956. (Laughing Squid)
- Love this rundown of the most 60s movies of the 60s. (Flavorwire)
- And, to round out the nostalgia theme-let: a teen movie montage from that greatest era of teen movies, the 80s. (Time)
- When I checked the phone this morning and saw that it was 7 degrees out, I honestly wanted to cry. But then this wild burst of sunshine from Sleater-Kinney made everything better. (Pitchfork)