Monday 26th July 2021

Why do celebrities dress so extra-special crazy at rock festivals?

Is nobody calling bullshit on poor Emma Roberts?

Recently, I made an editorial decision to leave all analysis of  famous people and their loony wardrobe choices to the The Fug Girls. They created the genre; they mastered it; I bow to perfection. And yet I’m going to break my rule just this once, because this Stylelist slideshow of backstage types at Coachella is just too astounding. It’s like these ladies showed up in  costume. Almost as though, having presumably given the stylist the day off, they put on their actress hats and thought: “If I were playing a groupie at a rock festival, what would Wardrobe dress me in?”  and went with that.

Tags: , ,
Posted on April 23rd, 2012 8 Comments

1. Jen says:

And, can I add? Alicia Silverstone, get a babysitter for a night. Leave that baby alone for a hot minute. Sheesh.

2. Jessica says:

My suspicion is that Alicia brought the baby out for the night because she KNEW she’d get photographed more with him. Oh, Cher. I thought you were better than that.

3. Elise says:

But Jen, she needs to be able to spit food up into her baby’s mouth at a moment’s notice…

(It’s totally normal to treat your baby like it’s a baby bird.)

4. Sara says:

I go to a lot of festivals, and I like to play dress-up there. Yes, it’s silly, but it’s fun.

However, I’m not famous, so no one really pays any attention to my crazy get-ups.

Also, Alicia Silverstone, a festival is no place for a baby.

5. Heather says:

I feel like… it’s a MUSIC FESTIVAL. It’s NOT ABOUT YOU. And none of this stuff is ANYTHING that ANYBODY would procure or wear if they didn’t fully desire for it to be about them. LUNACY.

6. Heather says:

Er, that obviously wasn’t directed at you, Sara. Just at the celebs who I think tend to do it for the paparazzi’s benefit. And thus their own. And I guess therefore also for mine, so YAY for them being insane.

7. Sara says:

Hee! Even if it was directed at me, it was funny. I do have to disagree with you, though. When I go to festivals, I am far from the only one dressing silly. I would say at least a third (not only the women, either) of the folks there are wearing things that none of us would ever wear in real life.

Maybe with these celebrities it’s different and they are just doing it for attention, but I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they’re maybe just having a good time.