Friday 18th October 2019

Tuesday links

amsterdam

• Check out these pictures of all the cool stuff archeologists found at the bottom of a river in Amsterdam.
  • Love these examples of vintage fireworks packaging. (Dangerous Minds)
  • Godspeed, Elvis Costello. (Vulture)
  • Ugh. (The Cut)
  • These ancient ornamental “carpets” painted on city streets in France and Finland  are pretty gorgeous.

Posted on July 10th, 2018 6 Comments

1. DeDe says:

No no no no. Not Elvis Costello.

2. y.k. says:

In a year of horror, the breastfeeding/formula incident blew me away. Current administration doesn’t give a f about Ecuadorian babies dying of malnutrition/ bad formula , as long as their partner companies make a buck off them. Russia – Russia! had to straighten the situation.

I will not read about Elvis Costello. Because he will be fine. He’s gotta be.

• Mamavalveeta03 says:

I am in TOTAL agreement (and outrage) about the *rump Administation not giving a f about the benefits of breastfeeding in developing countries, especially since the U.S. is in “America only” mode.

And the discovery of the relics in Amsterdam make me want to go back to school and become an archaeologist, my dream job. (One of them…my other dream job is to be a midwife.)

3. RebeccaNYC says:

I love the street carpets of Arthur-Louis Ignoré!! The 7th photo down is a street in “my village”(Sanilhac) in France, right next door to the little house I have rented for years and years. My big regret is not being there this year to see this!!!

4. Gablesgirl says:

My husband has traveled to Elvis concerts for about 30 years. This is such bummer news.

I came across that Amsterdam link a few days ago and it is a deep wonderful rabbit hole.

Elvis has prostate cancer which is highly curable if caught early. That’s the good news.

The bad news is we still have an idiot in the WH. How can ANYONE attack breast feeding––talk about your news of the weird. And, yes, it’s probably another distraction so expect something powerful to explode all over the news.