Monday 18th November 2019

I dig this stuff

supergoop

I have oily skin—yes, even still, at this stage in the game—and in the summer, my face shines like a disco ball. I very much dislike the look of a face that looks powdered, however, and for that reason was thrilled to find Supergoop Invincible Setting Powder, which goes on super-translucent, and, even better, has an SPF of 45.

Posted on June 28th, 2018 16 Comments

1. KHD says:

I second the endorsement. Works well on me and my shiny husband. Also very travel/TSA friendly.

2. Alix says:

How heavily do you have to apply to get that SPF coverage?

• Beth C. says:

I use this on the regular. I just give my face a good once over and it seems to do the job. I do put on a normal cream sunscreen in the morning, which I would recommend. It’s more designed to be a re-apply during the day solution rather than a first and only line of defence.

3. EMM says:

Have you tried the CC cream? I use it with the powder and it’s a dream on my seriously oily skin and has cut down on my use of blotting papers. I also have had problems with sunscreen making me break out, and these products don’t cause me any problems.

Also, I can vouch for the CC cream + powder working effectively. I wore the combo in a sunny place on vacation recently, spending 8+ hours outdoors. While I didn’t reapply the cream, I did reapply the powder every hour or so and it worked great.

4. suz says:

I just ordered this! I am all for sunscreen (pasty redheaded person) and I hate powdering my face when it’s hot as it quickly becomes spacklle. Am hoping that the translucent is truly that on my whiteness. So, am happy you have good things to say about this.

The upside of oily skin is fewer wrinkles. …so they say.

5. DeDe says:

So glad you posted something today! I was starting to worry a little. Hope all is ok and you’ve just been busy.

• Francine says:

Yes, me too! I don’t even wait for the email. I think it’s the first site I check each day!

6. Elisa says:

Is everyone using the translucent? I am light, but not super pale.

• EMM says:

I’m also light but not super pale and use the translucent. It’s milled-super fine and invisible once I have it on.

• KHD says:

We have both translucent and the next one up in “color” and both work fine on us.

• Mamavalveeta03 says:

I’m wondering the same thing. Light looks too light and Medium looks too dark. So go with translucent?

7. Nicole says:

48 year old greaseball here… Seems I’m on a never-ending quest for a summer-use, high SPF that’ll keep the disco ball away. Elta MD 46 works well in Fall & Winter when it’s not so steeenking humid but forget about it once the temp rises here in the sweaty South. So thanks for the hint on the SPF powder! Still questing for something over SPF 50 with a matte finish. Hints welcome… :o)

Love your use of “steeenking!”

Somehow this reminds me … anyone else watching Dietland? I missed the first few episodes but I am enjoying the latest ones.

Ahem. Naturally, I condemn almost all violence, and even moooore of the vigilante kind. Really. It is really the parts about Plum that I like.

9. Kate says:

I LOVE Supergoop products. I started with their Everyday Sunscreen and moved onto their Skin Soothing Mineral Sunscreen. I’ve added the lip balm and Unseen Sunscreen. I love all of it. I use the Everyday on my body and face when I’m outside exercising or when I’m outside and don’t care about sweating. I use the Mineral on my face when I’m out and about and want a make up free face with a matte finish. I use the Unseen when I am going to wear makeup. The lip balm is an all day, everyday application.

I have very fair, sensitive combo skin that breaks out and I burn easy. This is the best line I’ve ever used.

10. Turner says:

Oh wow this looks right up my alley! Still greasy here at 50, but with relatively few wrinkles so there’s that… So, I already use SuperGoop sunscreen every morning on my face and neck and I totally love it so I will have to give this a try.