Friday 18th October 2019

A whole bunch of striped tees

alt striped tee
Am I the only one who already owns too many striped tees, but is always on the lookout for more? They are the most addictive of garments, and can skew preppy or Euro or even punk rock depending on how you wear them. I like them paired with a snappy blazer, like Mme. Emmanuelle Alt is doing here, but there are so many ways to wear them this time of year: with jeans or dressed up with skinny black pants or a skirt; mixed with other prints or all on their own.

dawn tee

The colors here are so excellently new wave.

splendid tee

Just a good basic V-neck.

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 2.18.23 PM

The flare sleeve here brings a dose of femininity to the party.

boy stripe tee

Yes, this r13 tee is on the spendy side, but it is fabricated with 5% cashmere, which makes it impossibly soft. I lucked into this tee on sale a few years ago and it just gets better. Here is a cheaper option if you’re interested.

chevron stripe

Chevron stripes count as stripes, right?

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 2.23.26 PM

A very French girl choice, in graphic red and white.

peter brady

This is so Peter Brady, in a really good way.

levis tee

Red and blue always pops so satisfyingly.

wilt tee

I like the combination of stripe widths here.

contrast stripe

I am a sucker for a contrasting stripe.

apc tee

The sleeve length on this choice from APC is really chic.

rolla’s tee

Another kind of retroish option.

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 2.42.54 PM

A really fun—and even versatile— color combination.

Posted on May 29th, 2018 17 Comments

1. Deede says:

The stripes are in my closet in abundance..You showed new styles and new patterns…More to add to my collection,,,THX

2. JenM says:

I have so many striped t shirts and I love them. But one afternoon I said to one of my stylish besties over lunch “you know, some days I think I might be veering a little to close to ‘Where’s Waldo’ and it might be time to change things up on occasion.” And instead of disagreeing she started laughing hysterically and said “now I can’t unsee that about your outfits!” This does not stop me from adding to the stripes collection however! 😉

3. Heather says:

Am I the only one who adores an olive-and-black stripe, and can never find one? I love the idea of stripes but white just isn’t my friend and I’ve tried and failed to pull off the preppiness of red and navy.

I also require a v-or scoop neck, which limits the search further. But I always enjoy sifting through striped-tee posts!

4. meg says:

Has anyone watched Andrea Savage in “I’m Sorry” on Tru TV?
    First it’s hilarious (I loved her in VEEP as Laura Montez-newly elected President)plus her TV Andrea wears the BEST striped V-neck T shirt in several episodes and I am having difficulty locating it. Overall her comedy writing/mother character works from home so the wardrobe is spot on!!

• janine says:

OMG I need to watch this show – I’ve never heard of it! But I’m obsessed with striped shirts and I’m a humor writer! I will check it out – thank you.

5. LeighTX says:

I can’t get enough stripes in my wardrobe and it drives my husband BANANAS. #stripesforever

6. elise says:

No, you are not the only one with a stripe tee “problem”! I ‘m wearing one as I respond…with another on order, to add to my collection 🙂

7. Trixie says:

I want Emmanuelle’s shoes… ideally with a bit more heel but I’ll take the kitten…anyone know who makes them?

8. Lori says:

To add to your list: Everlane’s men’s striped tees are great! And I just learned about Kule. Their women’s tees would be too short for me, but I plan to order one of the men’s styles to try. (-:

9. joannawnyc says:

That Madewell tee though

10. Rebecca says:

I have so many striped shirts it is a legit category in my closet, organised by colour (white, black, striped, blue…)

11. Traci says:

I don’t think plus size fashion should be the new normal size. Leave to a plus size blog. This is not in support of the anerexic models, by the way. I really don’t care what people say about my comment but an obese body is not a healthy body.

P.S.
    Stripped shirts are my fav!

12. Sara says:

l love striped tees! Thank you for this, I now want even more. And maybe it’s because I read this before I had my full dose of coffee this morning, but I belly laughed at your Peter Brady reference.

13. janine says:

You’re not the only one. I’m obsessed with striped shirts and I have a bunch yet always want more. I am convinced that a striped shirt on top and a dark color on the bottom balance out my pear shape nicely.

14. Liz Kennedy says:

I am #stripesick I especially love the J.Crew Slim Perfect Tee. The sleeves are a little bit longer and the cotton is of a nice quality. 🙂