Saturday 17th April 2021

Rain boot season is upon us

moto bootie

Apologies for the radio silence yesterday—I went away for the weekend, which is when I typically catch up on posts, and had such a good time that I completely blew off work. Meanwhile, as I type this it is absolutely glorious outside—a perfect spring day. The leaves on the trees are sprouting, there are flowers blooming in the community garden across the street, and all is lovely. But yesterday, it rained buckets, and I feel that more of the same is to come. So I bring you the coolest rain boots I could find, starting with this moto-style pair from Rag & Bone that I like because it’s kind of tough but at the same time nicely understated.

rain bootie

Just a simple Chelsea boot, very nicely priced.

blondo bootie

These look really walkable, and would be perfect with black jeans.

campbell bootie

A Chelsea with a nice clunky sole, which I always think makes your legs look skinnier.

aqua bootie

You could pretty much wear this pair with a dress.

olivia boot

A very sophisticated knee high pair.

canada bootie

This is waterproof suede, which is a pretty cool trick.

pendelton boot

And finally, how could I not include this excellent one, from Pendelton?

Posted on May 2nd, 2018 14 Comments

1. Candy says:

I can vouch for the Blondo Valli boots — I have two pairs I wear on repeat through winter and our so-called (bitterly cold) East Coast spring.

• rita says:

I can also vouch for the Blondos — they have several styles that are very similar, so mine are a touch different. I bought them for a trip to Amsterdam this spring, and my feet stayed dry and comfortable through a LOT of walking.

2. Heather says:

This has been such a crazy winter that I’ve invested in multiple pairs of rain boots: knee high for when it’s really cold and wet; shorter ones for when it’s just regular cold and wet; knee high waterproof leather boots (Cole Haan) for when it’s cold, wet and I need to look decent. Spring, please come, for real.

Glad you got a weekend away!

The Rag and Bone have my heart.

• Mamavalveeta03 says:

Same here. Both sentiments! (I’m still saying, “Waterproof suede?!?”)

4. supermaggiemay says:

I bought these last year – I think at the recommendation of someone on here. Super comfortable, fun looking and they get the job done (and you don’t have to sit down and have your kid pull your knee-high wellie off). https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dansko-rosa-chelsea-rain-boot-women/4302880?country=US&currency=USD&cm_mmc=google-_-shopping_ret-_-662927176-_-33067284149_2c368270-7b3e-4a4f-aa19-2022a5e84a38&cm_mmca1=aud-425188852237:pla-258559784146_93959318&gclid=CjwKCAjww6XXBRByEiwAM-ZUIPswzLMFIxNTeKmkUvrS2V68NSj4rzQNGtJO6F-oh_YwGp9gZbKF2BoCmaEQAvD_BwE

5. Stakra says:

I can attest that the Sam Edelman Chelsea boots work great. I live in Seattle and do a ferry and walking commute to my work. These boots are comfortable, manage the PNW puddles, and are subtle enough in their look that if I don’t feel like changing shoes once I get to the office I don’t have to make the switch.

6. Lorange says:

Three cheers for blowing off work because you’re having a good weekend!

7. Meg says:

The best little rain boot I’ve found in years. Lightweight and super comfortable.

8. Lori says:

Would any NYC locals have packing advice for a Manhattan trip May 16-21? Just checked weather there, and it’s supposed to be 91° today (!) — then 60’s with rain in the next week or so. (Have visited lots in winter and summer, but have no experience was the weirdness of spring.) Boots? Sandals? Tennie Thank you! (-:

• Lori says:

Oops, “Tennies?” Also — jeans, summery dresses, or both? Thank you!

• Viajera says:

Lori, I would re-post this tomorrow morning in comments for whatever Kim puts up. I’m sure people will be happy to help. I think no one saw it yet.

Rain! I wish we could get some.

10. Rachel says:

I got booties from Blondo on Black Friday last year and wore them all winter, and I’m planning on wearing them today. I love them so much. They look good with everything and my feet are never sore, cold, or damp.