Sunday 28th February 2021

Shopping the chains, part 4: Loft

shirt jacket

There are a few things I like about Ann Taylor’s little sister: first off, they’re really reasonably priced, and seem to forever be offering everything at 40% off. They stock most of their clothes in petite sizes. And they recently added extended sizes too. You have to forage a bit to get to the good stuff, but it’s there: this shirt jacket, for instance, is a very nearly perfect spring layer.

cargo pants

And these cargo pants are totally cute with the waist-tie.

eyelet top

An eyelet top for kicking around in all summer.

black dress

From the extended sizes department: a black dress that could easily be dressed way up or down.

blue popover

A really crisp striped popover.

utility jacket

This swing utility jacket looks just like one from The Great that goes for a whole lot more cash.

strappy cami

I love this Chevron-striped cami, and would wear it under a blazer.

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 3.27.35 PM

Such an adorable beachy/preppy sweater.

loft tank

The gatherings on this tank make it so feminine.

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 3.30.31 PM

This linen tee looks like the ones Isabel Marant makes. Plus, it’s yellow.

loft sweater

A striped boatneck sweater is so clean-lined, and versatile too.

Posted on April 20th, 2018 11 Comments

1. Tammy says:

Every now and again, I find the prettiest tops from Loft.

Adding those cargo pants to the list of things-for-me-to-try-on-when-I’m-shopping-for-my-Muther-at-the-mall.

Also love that linen tee!

3. Elisa says:

I shop at LOFT a decent amount because it suits my budget and has some good pieces. I will say two negatives about them: often their clothing has too many details ( a cute pair of pants with an awful buckle on them and the like) and their “deals” change so frequently that you could buy something on day at 40% off and the next day it’s 50, which is frustrating. Save receipts.

4. Laura says:

Thank you so much for posting the cranberry utility jacket! I’ve been eyeing the similar one from The Great for some time but could never justify the purchase. This will give me a chance to try the style out before committing to a much bigger expense.

P.S. I haven’t commented previously, but I have been enjoying Girls of a Certain Age for years – and, before that, Lucky. I am looking forward to your book!

5. Jen says:

Loft does have cute stuff sometimes, and their supply changes frequently. A warning – their sizes notoriously run large.

6. Debra says:

Beware shopping both Ann Taylor and Loft online. Their shipping/returns are SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. So many online retailers are so good at this now — it really irks when others are not.

7. Kathi says:

Thank you for including Loft in your picks this week!

8. Joan says:

I sometimes find some pieces at Loft, but you have to see their stuff in person because often the quality and material are really bad. If you only need something at the last minute and don’t expect to wear it too many times then it is ok

9. Mimi says:

I’m kind of in love with the military style jacket in the first picture (in the olive color.) Looks like it could be Vince. It’s nice to find that style without a drawstring waist or too many other bells and whistles. Just a great, wearable basic.

10. Gables girl says:

Love the side button skirt with the striped sweater. Any problem with a 52 year-old size 6 wearing it with flats? Didn’t think so!

The cargos are on my list! I’ve been looking forever and they are cute plus the price is right!