Sunday 25th October 2020

Shopping the discount stores part 4: Barneys Warehouse

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 9.13.45 AM

Like Saks off Fifth, it’s tough to find items at Barneys Warehouse  in a variety of sizes: your best bet if you’re looking for clothes is to check out the New Arrivals often. This Zero+Maria Cornejo dress is still available in a few sizes, though, and looks like the kind of piece I’d throw on on a hot summer day and be done with it.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 9.15.17 AM

And here’s another—truly gorgeous—Zero+Maria Cornejo dress that I actually bought to wear to my nephew’s Bar Mitzvah and then changed my mind at the last minute and went with something else. The print is so good, and the cut of the dress is quite feminine while still nicely streamlined.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 9.16.23 AM

Just a solid red leather tote.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 9.17.28 AM

OK, this Ulla Johnson top is only available in a couple of sizes, but when I posted it a while back a bunch of you really liked it, so I thought it was worth showing again.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 9.18.45 AM

This bucket bag is so nice and minimal and sort of the perfect anti-status bag. Here it is in blue.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 9.19.50 AM

I love Wommelsdorff beanies, but they’re pricey, so it’s nice to find this one, marked 50% off.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 9.36.36 AM

This backpack looks a lot like Mansur Gavriel’s, but it’s far less pricey.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 9.37.58 AM

As unadorned a saddle bag as you could hope to find.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 9.43.13 AM

You can find decent stuff in the Home section of Barneys Warehouse from time to time. I especially like this bright glass tumbler.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 9.58.37 AM

Yes, these heels are very high and probably not for everyone, but I think the color combination is genius.

Posted on March 29th, 2018 11 Comments

1. Rae says:

I would wear everything you found here Kim. The bags are especially right up my alley. I love the top dress; have you worn it to other events? It’s a stunner!

2. Mkw says:

Fun to see you in the Wallstreet Journal last weekend!

3. KimFrance says:

So far it’s just been taking up space in my closet, Rae, waiting for spring.

• Heather says:

In my locale, at least, it has suddenly warmed up 30-40 degrees. One could wear that dress now, maybe layered with a light jacket.

4. Sara says:

I love that saddle bag! It is like the platonic ideal of saddle bags. 🙂

And if I hadn’t run out and found a really adorable Nina Ricci vintage saddle bag on eBay after your last post on bags, I would buy it!

Thanks, as always, for your excellent picks!

That first dress is so beautiful! If I could wear that color that dress would be on my body.

All around great selection. I sometimes get overwhelmed by Barney’s.

6. Kathi says:

Excellent selection, thank you for unearthing these treasures, Kim!! Love the bags and the color combo on the heels is fantastic.

I was browsing the bags on BW earlier today and saved the Steven Alan bag. I love the simplicity as well as the size and color! The dress for your nephew’s bar mitzvah is stunning! Wear it, please!

8. DWJ says:

As someone who knits and whose name is Dana, I’m offended by the $265 pricetag of the Wommelsdorff “Dana” Beanie. You could learn to knit and just make yourself multiple of those hats at that price. Wow!