Friday 4th December 2020

Decorating with stripes

striped throw

This throw reminds me of a classic Breton shirt.

striped basket

A handy basket for laundry or dog toys or whatnot.

striped quilt

I’d put this quilt on my bed with matchy-clashy pillowcases and sheets.

fornasetti plate

How could I not include this excellent Fornasetti plate?

cornhole set

This Cornhole set is genius.

striped platter

I feel like a platter like this would make itself very useful.

chevron throw

Technically this is a chevron stripe, but I liked it so much I included it anyway.

striped pouf

A pouf that looks very Missoni-esque but costs a lot less.

striped bowl

I like how minimal the stripes are on this bowl.

striped duvet

The embroidery on this duvet cover is so pretty, and not overwhelming.

striped mug

Something about this mug strikes me as very French.

striped planter

Just a gorgeous planter that would make a fantastic gift if you put a succulent or something in it.

Posted on March 16th, 2018 15 Comments

1. Ljchicago says:

I bought this after you posted something else from Schoolhouse: https://www.schoolhouse.com/products/drum-shade-multi-color-stripe

It makes me smile every time I see it.

2. y.k. says:

LOL at first glance I thought that cornhole set was a pair of 80’s Memphis group style earrings. I got the scale all wrong :-). and what is a cornhole set anyway?

fabulous pouf.

• KimFrance says:

Cornhole is a lawn game. You stand at a distance and throw bean bags into the holes.There are two of them because you play in teams. It’s stupidly fun.

• Hick from Styx says:

Well, that’s a term I’ve never heard before. We call it “bean bag toss”. But of course: the bags were filled with corn feed at one time. My mom used to make “bean bags” filled with unpopped popping corn to play this game when I was little. The modern term must be “polystyrene hole”. Sometimes I learn too much in one day and my brain hurts.

• Mamavalveeta03 says:

I first heard of it when my eldest went off to college and it seemed that they played cornhole and drank beer more than studying! (Ideal game for beer drinkers because you only need one hand). 😊

• Nicole says:

I also thought they were earrings! (And I agree with Kim – stupidly fun is a great description.)

3. RebeccaNYC says:

And now I know what corn hole is. Thanks, google.

4. Lesley says:

I thought of you at a Fornasetti exhibit in Rome… I am a new convert!

5. DeDe says:

Dang, I thought that chevron throw was a towel. Why’d ya have to get my hopes up like that, Kim France? 😉😘

6. Joannawnyc says:

I used to have that Fornasetti plate! Lost it in a move. 😢

7. Kathi says:

Love the bowl with the subtle gold rim. Would gladly dump my current dishes for a new set of these!!

The 1st throw is subtle enough that it would go great with my boho decor.