Wednesday 28th October 2020

Wardrobe classic: The V-neck sweater

I am very much feeling V-neck sweaters at the moment, and sense that they are going to be a big part of my fall uniform. I’m especially looking for those with a very low V, though they’re kind of chic in a preppy way when the V is high, so I’m showing both kinds here. I like the idea of wearing them with a thin button-down underneath, but also just on their own, which can be very sexy. And I will be ordering whichever one(s) I buy sized up, because they look best slouchy, I think. This one from Uniqlo is cashmere, comes in a ton of colors, and is quite cheap for cashmere.

Such a pretty, super-light peachy tone.

This one comes with shirt cuffs built in, which is handy.

Just a really good red.

A big huggy sweater, for days when that’s what you’re in the mood for.

So cute and sportif.

I like the very low V here, and the crocheted back is a cool touch.

The texture here keeps things interesting.

I adore the stripes here, and the unexpected color combination.

Coffee stains be damned, I really want a white sweater, and this one is such a good shape.

The neckline here is more U-shaped, which I like.

This slightly swingy, short sleeved option intrigues.

Posted on September 1st, 2017 9 Comments

1. Mary Alice says:

Its 105 here today. AND our power keeps cutting on and off. Oh, to wear a sweater…

I LOVE v-necks! It’s really almost all I wear in the fall and winter. The deep vee on the Opening Cermony sweater is so sexy! Nothing beats a v-neck cashmere sweater with white jeans in the winter.

3. Kim says:

Have you stopped posting plus size options? Was it because I never commented on how much I loved and appreciated that you had integrated them into your regular posts?

4. KimFrance says:

No, I just forgot to on this post. Apologies!

5. moi says:

Oversized cashmere V-neck sweaters have always been a wardrobe staple for me—warm, easy to style, luxurious—but I’ve been really disappointed in the quality of the last couple I’ve bought—one was very spendy and it pilled almost beyond help after only a couple of wears. Thankfully I have one or two that have withstood the test of time (and they weren’t particularly expensive, go figure), but I think I’ll stick to merino wool from now on. I just don’t like playing roulette with quality.

6. moi says:

Oversized v-neck cashmere sweaters have long been a staple of my wardrobe. They’re warm, easy to style, luxurious. But I’ve been disappointed in the quality of my last couple purchases—one very spendy sweater pilled beyond all help after only several wearings. Thankfully a couple of my oldies but goodies are still in great shape, but I think I’ll stick to merino wool from now on. I don’t like gambling with quality.

Late to the party, but…

I LOVE v-neck sweaters. Particularly drawn to the cream Vince sweater. I have a half-dozen white sweaters and the color IS a consideration when I’m heading out to meet someone for coffee because, dear friends, I spill. (Which is why I am frequently found waste-up in black.)

that would be “waist” not “waste.” Oy and Egad.