- Here’s an interesting story about Suze Randall, Playboy’s lone female photographer back in the 70s. NSFW. (Elle)
- These photographs taken along the underground railroad are arresting.
- 25 notable women weigh in on fear. (The Cut)
- This roundup of the web’s funniest stories amuses. (Kottke)
- Bruce Springsteen has written a new protest song about our president, bless him. (Time)
Stunning photos…immediately made me think of Colson Whitehead’s brilliant book, The Underground Railroad.
And thank you for the link to “our” Bruce. God love him.
I’d never Heard of Suze Randall before. Fascinating read! And those photographs on the underground railroad…stunning. And very thought-provoking.
About the funny stories…….except for the two by Mallory Ortberg…they weren’t funny! Maybe I’m just not too keen of Tim Carmody as a replacement for Jason 🙂
You’ve attained new heights with this collection of links. Underground Railroad photos are haunting and beautiful, and loved loved loved the quotes about fear, said the woman who was just laid off.
What?! Oh no. I am so sorry, Debra. I hope this is an extremely temporary thing (and that whatever comes next will be so much better than your old gig).
Hey Debra- I was laid of at the end of January, so I feel for you. Good luck to you and keep your head up (as I am trying to do).
Losing your job sucks, but getting fired from Lucky turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. It brought me this blog and countless other great things. I know it’s tough out there, but this is a rare opportunity for reinvention–if you’re feeling so inclined–so take it!