Wednesday 2nd December 2020

All I want are slouchy trousers

capucine safyurtlu-slouchy trousers

I love my jeans, but I’m so damn tired of my jeans. Lately, I’m in the mood for something with a little more, I don’t know, elegance maybe? And I’m thinking that thing is trousers, nice and slouchy like my girl Capucine Safyurtlu wears here. It’s a look that is at once relaxed and polished, which is kind of what I’m going for these days.

Maria Cornejo gabi pant-slouchy trousers

One option would be the Zero + Maria Cornejo Gabi pant, which has an elastic waist and just pulls up—not a traditional trouser, but super-flattering and the soul of comfort.

The Great trousers-slouchy trousers

I own so many pairs of pants from The Great that it’s ridiculous to think I need another, but these just came out and they look pretty perfect.

Topshop trousers-slouchy trousers

Excellent slouch factor on these.

James Jeans trousers-slouchy trousers

I love the rich, deep color here.

The Kooples trousers-slouchy trousers

A very classic menswearish grey.

Vince trousers-slouchy trousers

I like the subtle tapering here.

Posted on February 1st, 2017 26 Comments

1. Caroline says:

So on board with the pants thing…
    Starting to wish I was a little more swish…?
    Not rich lady swish ( although that’s be fine too🙂)
    But stylish swish.. but since I will never be a girly girl I’m loving the trouser thing.

Ditto on desiring the slouch. Maybe it’s the time of year or maybe it a need for comfort given the givens of he-who-shall-remain-orange.

I have a pair of Hope trousers that you had on a list last year that I love (which include a bit of a dropped crotch).

I drifted through The Gap the other day and checked out their Girlfriend Chinos which seem to have a nice slouch to them, but I did not try them on.

Also, amazingly, I have a pair of Eileen Fisher pull on pants that slouch comfortably.

• suz says:

Apparently the gap chinos stretch out a lot – a friend just bought them and they swell as the day goes on 🙁

• S. says:

Gap had some excellent chinos about two years ago — I think they’re called broken-in or something like that? They were perfect. Which is the reason, I’m assuming, they were discontinued and replaced with the girlfriend. I can personally attest that, yes, they’re a baggy nightmare by mid-day and very slovenly looking. If you buy them don’t forget to wear a belt, like I did…

I am in desparate need of non-jean but not too dressy pants. So hard to find anything that isn’t skinny. (Skinny, skinny, skinny — blech. Stop grabbing my thighs!) Thanks for the leads here, Kim.

• Mamavalveeta03 says:

With you on this 100% c.w. 😉

3. Koyuki says:

For those who run cold…I’m getting pretty good slouch factor out of my uniqlo fleece-lined pants. They relaxed nicely after a few wears. I’m addicted, basically can’t wear anything else when it’s below 45 degrees now.

Grandpa!

I often want the shoes more than the pants.

But if they make you happy then of course, get them. Maybe this category will always be one I don’t get. I will try to see if I see anyone wearing these, maybe that will make a difference.

5. Jacy says:

Something about the R13 black trousers with raw edge bottoms seems to have just the right attitude for me.

6. Janelle says:

Do you know where I can find the bag that Capucine Safyurtlu was carrying in the picture you posted? or ones that look like it? Thanks!

7. ANN says:

I bought a pair of the Gabi pants years ago, upon your suggestion, and now have more than one pair. They are the most comfortable pant around. I wear in constant rotation with my R13 black jeans. You turned me into a huge Zero + Maria Cornejo fan. Thank you!

8. suz says:

On board with the trouser thing. Do wish everyone would just stop with this cropped length crap though.

Eileen fisher has great pants/trousers, though they require a lot of trying on as the sizing is odd.

9. Tee says:

Came to say these kit and ace are amazing – everyone in my office has them: https://www.kitandace.com/ca/en/Women/Pants/p/Mulberry-Pant/KW201013?color=KW201013-10082

Feels like sweats, looks like an office pant. LOVE.

10. mlinky says:

Got these from Toni Hacker’s new site:

Bought the matching Boyfriend Jacket too.

They drape beautifully and run pretty TTS with an oversized fit.

11. Suzanne says:

Nailed it. Also, love a slightly cropped pant, year round.

12. Jan says:

Even though I like the style on others, I am too curvy to pull off a stylish slouch look. And ditto on the crop length, my ankles get cold!

13. Mary Alice says:

Vince pants are perfection – their boyfriend chino is on regular rotation, and I wear their side strapping trouser every other day. And I’m a curvy size 12.

I have a pair from J Crew (last year???) that look very similar to the ones by “The Greats” when rolled up. I think they were called Sunday Chinos or something like that. All I know is, I don’t want tight. I feel constricted enough right now by our current govt leadership!

15. Trilby says:

Slouchy pants are nice and make me feel slim. What I’m really getting sick of, tho’, on pants of every kind, is where the little bit of tab that extends past the closing above the fly sticks out and makes an unattractive bump the shows through any type of top. So annoying!!!!!!

16. Katrina says:

Uniqlo have these pants they call “Cotton Smart Fit” or something similar, and I quite like them. They look a bit like the burgundy ones above. They come in a myriad of colors and also in pinstripes and checks. Oh and they have an elastic waist band that initially put me off them but that I now appreciate. Can’t beat the price, too!