Monday 17th February 2020

Top 5 of the week

capucine again

I wasn’t especially planning on a sequel to the the post I wrote on army green back in January, but sometimes I get fixated on a particular color or style, and this appears to be one of those times. Here’s my favorite French fashion editor of all the French fashion editors, Capucine Safyurtlu, doing it up in my favorite way: paired with white.

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 10.18.27 AM

A nifty—and well-priced—pair of chinos.

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 10.24.49 AM

I like these for a skinnier fit.

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 10.48.25 AM

Army shirts can sometimes feel bulky and sloppy, but this silk version is just about perfect, and so feminine.

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 10.36.49 AM

This raincoat is from Barbour and it’s lined in a floral print and I don’t think it’s possible to begin to impress upon you how much I want it.

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 10.47.12 AM

Just a good basic slouchy tee.

Posted on April 20th, 2016 14 Comments

1. Tammy says:

Love that tee. Where is it from? The link doesn’t work.

2. caroline says:

I too am currently obsessed with that color.
    I have those gap pants. Fyi, they stretch out like crazy. 1/2 an hour in and they’re two sizes bigger..
    However yesterday I bought a pair from madewell.
    Langford widecrop leg pants.. Love them!
    Can’t take them off kind if love:)

3. Dana D says:

I want that Barbour jacket perhaps as much as you do and there is not a chance right not that it will be mine so if you click the “place my order” button please take a picture for your Instagram and I will be very happy for you…:)

4. DeDe says:

I wish I could wear that green without looking like I have a lingering tropical illness, because that flower print inside the Barbour jacket is 1000% genius.

5. Mary Alice says:

I LOVE that color!It’s surprisingly neutral. And I think I need that shirt… Can I say, last year I bought a jacket at Joe Fresh that’s a dead ringer for the Barbour jacket, right down to the floral lining…for $39.95!

6. farha says:

Link for the tee please!

Also can you recommend an army green Spring or Summer dress?
    Reader’s request: summer dresses not in white?

7. Love army green too (my fave to pair with leopard). I just added Madewell’s skinny fatigue pants and a Denim & Supply classic bomber jacket to my army green collection.

I bought the Barbour jacket last year in navy blue with the floral lining from the kids section of J.Crew. I do love it.

I also bought the army green Field Jacket that you posted about (also J.Crew) and because the winter has been so warm in Austin have worn it to death.

I get compliments on both!

9. Susan says:

Tee shirt link doesn’t work!

10. Lisa says:

I just got a great pair of olive green chinos from Banana Republic – currently on sale. http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1050788&vid=1&pid=183894002

Based on the reviews, I sized down one size and they are great. Love the army green tshirt shown – working link?

11. Jen says:

The model wearing the tee shirt….I don’t want to skinny-shame, but she doesn’t look healthy and that makes me sad.

12. AHT says:

Are comments monitored? Is it possible to get a link for the tshirt?

Agree…need link for the tee, Kim!