Archive for March, 2016
Most of the time, denim bags don’t do much for me—they’re either too 70s (and not in a good way) or too tricky, equipped with all sorts of unnecessary ornamentation and hardware. But all of these are in such nice, clean washes and simple shapes that I’m having a tough time resisting. Number one on my I-want-I-want list: want this big-enough-for-a-laptop messenger bag.
The dash of red here is so cute and sportif and spring-y.
This one is the most 70s of the lot—in real life, it slouches, hobo-bag-like—but in a way that I actually am quite in favor of.
Contrary to what you might imagine, I am not an unmitigated sucker for every Liberty of London collab that comes down the pike. I am at the moment, in fact, particularly underwhelmed by Uniqlo’s, which just launched last week and which, my friend Michelle correctly observed, looks more like pajamas than daywear. But then my sister in law Shanna mentioned that the handful of men’s options were actually pretty good. I agree entirely, and am thinking of picking off one of these for myself.
- A bunch of rather enchanting pictures by French photographer Jacques Henri Lartigue.
- A very sweet goodbye to Garry Shandling by one of my favorite writers, Gary Shteyngart. (New Yorker)
- Amusing. (Laughing Squid)
- Paris in two minutes. (Mental Floss)
- The NFL is just so corrupt. (NY Times)
Is it shallow to say that I might do more cooking if everything in my kitchen was as cute as this pot-holder?
- The London house where the Sex Pistols lived and worked has been awarded landmark status. (A.V. Club)
- A thoroughly enjoyable supercut of the most memorable tracksuits in cinema. (Mental Floss)
- A sobering rundown of the best and worst careers for equal pay. (R29)
- Good on Disney. (Pajiba)
- I am immune to most cute animal videos, but this is hilarious. (Laughing Squid)
A bunch of grey pieces that feel just about right as the weather turns warmer. First up: A slouchy, spring-light take on the pea coat.
A top that is at once streamlined and lived-in.
An oversized blazer that I really wish wasn’t sold out in my size.
A roomy striped shirt.
A chic and simple suede jacket at a very nice price.