Monday 10th August 2020

Monday links

maria 1

• A wonderful—and poignant—interview with one of my favorite New York ladies, Maria Cornejo. (Lenny)
  • Here’s an amusing trailer of Meryl Streep in her newest movie, the true-life story of the world’s worst opera singer. (The Muse)
  • A smart and thoughtful piece (in which I am briefly quoted) on the fascinating up-and-down career of Isaac Mizrahi. (Racked)
  • This just strikes me as lame. (Jezebel)
  • Your morning adorable. (YouTube)

Posted on March 14th, 2016 8 Comments

1. DeDe says:

I was wondering if you were going to post a link to that Maria Cornejo interview today! She’s amazing. I love knowing that there are creative geniuses out there who aren’t assholes.

2. Jen says:

The interview with Maria Cornejo? Wow, just, wow. What an incredible person and story–I knew she designed gorgeous clothes, but love them more knowing how she came to fashion design. Thanks for sharing this link.

3. y.k. says:

& that’s a beautiful picture of her too.

4. sc says:

If I have to watch those god awful Vicotiaras Secret and Carl’s Jr ads of underfed waifs with their tits out, I’d like to see some big girls too on TV.

Or as my hubs said when I showed him the Lane Bryant ad “It’s revolting they won’t show it.”

5. gablesgirl says:

Love the shout out for IM. He is one of my favs.

6. Love the Isaac profile! He is wonderful, and I’m glad that he seems to have (at least) 9 lives in fashion. I miss his Target line terribly, and I’m always interested to see what he’ll do next.

The show at The Jewish Museum is fantastic! If you’re in NYC, definitely check it out.

I dream of one day owning a piece of Maria’s clothes! What a wonderful portrait of her.
    And kudo’s, Kim, for telling it like it is in the piece on Isaac.