Wednesday 28th October 2020

Better late than never

massimo dutti

It turns out I have been walking the earth for two years unaware that Zara has launched a more upscale cousin called Massimo Dutti right next to its flagship store in midtown. The price points are higher than its sibling, but still very much on the reasonable side, and, based on the white blazer Tribeca Mom showed me the other day, the quality is very much there. The aesthetic is on the more professional side, less in a way that’s workaday  than a way that makes you feel like you feel like you’re going to find cute stuff to wear to the office there. I love the color of this blouse, and the fact that it’s all silk and not combined with a synthetic.

Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 10.24.16 AM

It’s far from leather jacket season, but because I rarely show them to you on account of the fact that so many hover near or surpass four digits, I felt it was well worth pointing out that most of theirs ring in at closer to the $400 mark. The streak of blue is a nice touch on this otherwise quite minimal option.

Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 10.33.43 AM

An orange blazer can go a long way toward taking the boring out of an outfit.

Posted on June 11th, 2014 9 Comments

1. Rebecca says:

ok. ok. Massimo Dutti has at least 27 things I need right now. I would love to hear what folks think about the quality of what they call ‘t-shirts’.

2. Grenadine says:

no link for the leather jacket? please provide thanks!

3. GT says:

Nice, but I hope they don’t mess with Zara!

4. Heather says:

Looked at the website and there’s a grey pencil stripe skirt that I LOVE. Wish their only US store wasn’t in Midtown, however. I loathe Midtown and only go there under extreme duress. Please, consider Soho!!

5. Fiona says:

I live in Barcelona, and Massimo Dutti is *hayuuuuge* here. And for good reason, I think – the prices are very reasonable for the quality and (mostly) natural fabrics. I find the make much better quality than Zara, too, though I always assumed they were made in the same factories.
    Uterque is another member of the Zara family; they reliably have excellent shoes and handbags. Aaand, while I’m at it, two much smaller shops I’d recommend for any GoaCA visiting Barcelona are Medwinds (men and women) and Sita Murt.

6. Ann says:

I apparently have been living under the same rock. Thanks for letting us know about Massimo Dutti! Then again, in Seattle we just recently got Zara (I’m not from Seattle and have shopped Zara forever in NYC and Europe). Also, leather jacket weather is all summer long in Seattle and I’ve been very much enjoying the Vince leather jacket you suggested a month or so ago! Thank you for that awesome tip.

7. Hanna says:

I really like Massimo Dutti too. No shop anymore in Strasbourg where I live unfortunately, but they now have smaller ones at the airports in Brussels and Frankfurt. Their jackets/blazers are top notch for the price and their jeans version “long” really are long. AND they do free pick-ups at a time you choose when you want to return something bought through their very efficient online store. This must sound like an ad actually… Ps. I really enjoy the GoaCA newsletters!

8. Delacey says:

I love this shop! I went in it often in London when I was there a few years back, as was so impressed by the quality/price ratio. I found the fit/sizing unpredictable enough that I wouldn’t dare buy it online, so I guess I’ll have to wait til the next time I’m in the right place.