Looks as though I’m skewing seriously casual. And you?
1. Black skinny slouchy jeans
2. A perfectly classic Cardigan
2. Ye olde drapey top
4. A tailored army jacket
5. Ankle boots with a touch of height
Tags: Current Elliott, j crew, madewell, Piperlime, Rag & Bone
It doesn’t get any more classic — boots, jeans, and a sweater has been my go-to fall look since high school! If I have to be dressy, it’s a wrap dress with boots. Basically, it all involves boots!
Mine: black skinnies, a raglan-sleeved knit sweater, suede ankle booties, a plaid flannel scarf, and a camel coat.
Boyfriend blazer because I’m still not over it. Army green jeans by Red Engine that fit likes nobody’s bidness. Two super slouchy sweaters (but not too long!) in my go-to grey. And I’m in the market for a new pair of pull on ankle boots as I’ve worn my current ones down to sadness. Of course it’s still in the 80’s in Texas so I just stare longingly at said items and sigh beseechingly.
Looks like the drapey top above is linking to one from same brand, but different pattern. I think the one you want is here: http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=92887&vid=1&pid=940052002.
Fall for me is turning into cardigans, black dresses with interesting details, black stockings, and dark cherry lipstick. I would love to find a pair of ankle boots with a stacked heel that were still feminine. The ones I tried from Madewell were a reddish black, but looked brown under incandescent light. So back on the hunt.
Thanks! Will fix.
Paige black skinny jeans, oversized white cotton shirt (Old Eddie Bauer), Robert Cleregie black platform booties, gray cashmere boyfriend cardigan, Hayden Harnett black leather motorcycle jacket.
1. Grey sweater dress that I’ve had forever and it just works through till spring
2. Cardigans are a must! Right now it’s time to get out the big thick ones to layer over the thinner ones I use in summer.
3. I’m making a pair of lightweight grey wool ankle trousers right now that I hope look good enough to become a staple.
4. Mid-weight fall coats and scarves
5. Long underwear/tights to go under pants. It’s starting to get cold in Sweden!
Ooh, how exciting! What pattern line do you use for pants? Or do you make them from scratch?
skinny cords with ankle boots
a navy/burgandy vintage wool sweater dress with tights and boots
a wool kuhl brand striped teal hoodie
grey wool vintage pencil skirt
I love anything wool I guess! just saw this fabulous smartwool sweater at REI
1. Fitted little velvet blazers — one camel, and one wine for when I need more color.
2. Wine leather fitted jacket. Not really moto, but with that aura.
3. Born’s Jailyn heeled ankle boots, black, to wear with dark denim, grey slacks, or black tights.
4. Opaque black tights
5. Navy cashmere V-neck sweater
Is it rude to ask, where do you get the velvet blazers? They sound quite cute.
Not at all rude, Viajera! The camel one was my mom’s, Hudson’s department store, circa 1960-something. Fits me perfectly today. The wine one was a find at a Pendleton outlet store. It’s two sizes smaller than my usual, so it has a cute (I think), trim fit.
Here’s the wine one:
J. Crew was carrying similar a couple of years ago, and I’ve seen them in the Boden catalogue, and I see fitted velvet blazers from various decades at Goodwill from time to time.
Mine is so similar I feel ridiculous posting. Swap out e army jacket for my leather motorcycle jacket.
1. Black Ugg Mercer bootie (5 or 6 yrs old)
2. Courtshop high waisted skinny jeans (I didn’t know stretch jeans that don’t get baggy existed until these).
3. Thick knit sweaters (white + warren and Boden)
4. Chunky Circle scarf, fingerless gloves and hat from white + warren
5. Splendid L/S tees! So soft.
And almost all of my staples came from sample sales!
1. Straight leg blue jeans (rolled or not, depending on whether I can be bothered to wear a heel)
2. Blue suede loafers with pink running shoe soles (because I’m putting off socks until first frost)
3. French sailor stripe shirt (I have three, and I want more. It’s a sickness.)
4. The Eddie Bauer version of the army jacket above
5. Whichever of my handknit lace scarves is making me happiest today.
In theory, I am going to layer shirtdresses and big sweaters over slip dresses and tights or leggings, to wear with the knee-high and moto boots I already own, but in reality I seem to be going with striped shirts (I have SO many), cardigans, skinny jeans, and clogs, layered with a leather jacket if it gets cold enough. And the only new thing I’ve bought is a Bindya scarf from the Outnet, and some socks from J Crew.
I found this army green jacket by McQ on YOOX and I think it’s genius. Looks amazing with a belt and fits like a dream. It’s almost as pricey as the Rag & Bone, but I got it during a 20% off promotion, so it was “only” $315. I’ll wear it till the weather gets cold.
I’ve been basically living in a blue and white checked sweater dress from Zara similar to this one but with solid blue sleeves:
I wear it over thick grey leggings, with brown riding boots, a green leather moto jacket, and pink knit fringey scarf. And I always like to get a fall hair cut & color, so right now it’s a copper red long bob.
My five fall staples:
1. chunky moto-style black ankle boots (9 West)
2. Red jeans (procured from Anthropologie)
3. olive green chauffeur’s cap I’ve had since I was 12
4. Body-skimming long trench-slash-windbreaker from Triple 5 Soul
5. Goofy patterned socks