Wednesday 2nd December 2020

In which I remain a woman of my word

cheap black zara1

Those of you keeping track of these things might recall that some time ago, I did a post on all black clothes that came out on the expensive side. So I issued an IOU for a Cheap and Chic redo, and today, reader, the goods are delivered. First up: this flared coat is right out of the French ingenue playbook.

topshop cheap black holdall

Oversize alligator satchels always strike me as very very dotty rich British girl.

cheap black mango

Impossible but devastatingly true: this chocolatey-rich faux-shearling jacket rings in at $89.

Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 4.11.44 PM

Who cares if you’ve already got a few? Life requires a big huggy cardigan to suit every mood.

Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 2.42.58 PM

A trouser that’s on the skinny—but not asphyxiating—side.

Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 1.48.58 PM

The black face Timex has more style than watches ten times its price.

zara riding boot

Dead solid classic.

Tags: , , ,
Posted on October 11th, 2013 6 Comments

Wow, these are great. I like the boots and watch very much.

The clothes are very cute too but I wear too much black already. Maybe the cardi though… hmm.

2. Rutabega says:

H&M also seems to offer the non-asphyxiating type trouser (although they vary–so try on), as does Dorothy Perkins (in the UK). Why All Saints cannot fathom that most women don’t have twig thighs is beyond me. Lovely styles– but I don’t even bother trying their trousers on anymore.

3. Sara says:

I really love that Zara coat. I ordered it last month and it is a very good quality for the money; cozy and thick, with nice details. But, it didn’t look good on me. The full swingy part was too near my knees and looked silly. I order two sizes in hopes of getting a good fit, but no luck. I’m 5’5, so I guess it would look better on someone taller. I hated to pack them up and send them back, really a beautiful coat. Gap has a similar one that works much better for my proportions, but the fabric on the Zara coat is nicer.

• KimFrance says:

Zara’s best quality stuff is their coats, I think.

• Viajera says:

Not to Monday morning QB you, but would getting it hemmed up have worked? It is so sad to have something you like not fit. Especially coats. Coatshopping should be fun.

I tried to try on the boots but they only have the brown right now, and didn’t have my bigfoot size anyhow. May try again.

4. Kathleen says:

I love that faux shearling, only in the neutral color.