Archive for August, 2013
Are these perforated oxford lace-ups sophisticated in a menswear-gone-femme kind of way? Or just a little too ye olde?
- The 1980s brought us many a whacked out music video moment: here are an especially memorable few. (Vulture)
- You maybe want to check out Celine Dion’s $72 million Florida house, which she has put up for sale. How does one make a home cost $72 million? Why, by building a water park for the children, just for starters. (HuffPo)
- And, on a similar note: a crazy new mall in New Jersey is opening soon, complete with an indoor ski slope and the biggest ferris wheel in America.
- The best lines at James Franco’s Comedy Central Roast are actually rather funny. (EW)
- This man has purchased 55,000 dresses for his wife over the course of their 56-year marriage. That’s like almost 1000 dresses a year, people. (Laughing Squid)
I will not buy more stuff. I will not buy more stuff. I will not buy more stuff. I will not buy more stuff
In shopping, as in life, we sometimes don’t know what we’re searching for until it’s staring us right in the face. Like this Il Bisonte leather bag in the just-exactly-perfect shade of blue, for instance, which I discovered only hours ago, and without which life now feels incomplete. It’s one of a bumper crop by the Italian leather goods house that Venice Beach boutique Heist has just started carrying, and I’m literally sitting here trying to scramble my Amex card number in my brain to keep from making an order.
Coming soon! One full week of cheap and chic
And I’m taking requests. What do you both really want to buy, but really need to cost a lot less? Share in the comments below, and don’t be afraid to get specific.
- I’m not even one speck of a bit interested in tarot cards, but I do love this 80s themed set of them. (Flavorwire)
- Today is the 50th Anniversary of the historic March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom, and Martin Luther King’s “I Have A Dream” speech. The speech itself is rarely seen or read in full, as its copyright is—fascinatingly—not in the public domain but owned by the King family. But a lot of folks are shelling out to bring it to you today: check it out here; CNN and MSNBC will air it as well. (Atlantic Wire, Slate)
- Subway vigilantism at its best. (The Frisky)
- There will be a Liberty of London documentary. (PSFK)
- Your morning sweet. (Laughing Squid)
Print of the week, summer’s last splash edition
This one comes courtesy of loyal reader Claire Jarvis:
Wee little creatures of the sea. With dots!