Sunday 28th February 2021

Wednesday links

meet the tanners

• New York City’s PBS affiliate, Channel 13, continues to have fun with their ad campaign featuring fake reality show trailers. (EW)
  • Usually I don’t go in for this type of link, but these awkward pregnancy portraits demand to be shared. (WWI)
  •  One enterprising Twitter user launched a social media campaign  to derail a book deal for one of the Trayvon Martin jurors, and succeded—in six hours. (Yahoo! News)
  • Possibly the same tactic would work to help Jenny McCarthy get un-hired at The ViewHere’s the best piece I’ve seen on her dangerous—and thoroughly discredited—anti-vaccine stance. (New Yorker)
  • Somebody animated a Louis CK bit, and it’s pretty awesome. (Slate)

Posted on July 17th, 2013 8 Comments

1. How did Jenny McCarthy get from a goofy MTV game show hostess to a member of the View? Furthermore, why are people taking her personal views on things like autism so seriously?

2. Cher says:

Ugh, I wish I hadn’t scrolled through the pregnancy portraits… and what’s with the gun-toting daddies? Scary on many levels.

That was my first Louis exposure. I enjoyed it.

4. Tara says:

The very idea that Jenny McCarthy is being given a nationally televised platform to spew her anti-vaccine/anti-autism garbage is not only frightening its dangerous. The autism community is already up in arms over her being give this position, we need more people to get angry & let ABC we won’t stand for some stupid Playboy Bunny spewing dangerous drivel on the airwaves that’s not based in any kind of fact, just delusion.

5. Jill says:

Ummmmmm. Those pregnancy portraits – yikes! The one with the kids gathered around like suckling pigs? The dad with the F U fingers? And the guns…

I don’t get what would possess people to think of (and then execute!) stuff like this.

• Jill says:

Oh, and YOU GO, Genie Lauren. This (almost) cancels out those pregnancy shots and makes me feel better about my country. 🙂

6. a.d.s. says:

There are no words for those pregnancy photos. I found myself pitying many unborn babies . . . At least the PBS trailers cheered me up.