Saturday 4th April 2020

Did not see that coming

Screen Shot 2013-01-16 at 3.10.37 PM

Reader, I bought Isabel Marant sneaker wedges. A trend I have maligned by a designer whose prices I have ridiculed as insulting.  And can I just note that I have only taken them off to sleep? Travel really does do weird things to the shopping part of our brains.

Tags: , ,
Posted on January 16th, 2013 12 Comments

1. Nalini says:

Welcome to the Marant sneaker world. I have to force myself not to wear them because I am afraid of over usage. I adore mine!

2. Donna says:

Are they very comfortable? Because they don’t look like anything so show-stopping. I like quite a lot of Isabel Marant’s boots, but I don’t get these. What am I missing?
    Donna

3. Jenny says:

Well, it’s very lovely of you to admit either previous error or present error (not sure which you’re copping to here).

4. Lorimac says:

But it is such a teeny tiny wedge – I don’t think it should even count…

5. Sara says:

Im sorry, I just dont get these.

I don’t care for the contrasting sole or the top stitching or the thickness of the part that is ankle high. Which sounds like I don’t like them at all. hummm…I guess I don’t. But I’m sixty-one so I’m a different demographic.

7. yunah says:

haha kim! i too was wondering just a few days ago if i should try them on after what seems like years of mocking them.

8. daisyj says:

Do they look less like baby booties in person? I swear, the first time I saw them online I wondered why Barney’s was putting kids’ shoes in the women’s section.

9. Leah S. says:

What!? What?? Really??

😉

10. Krystyna says:

I have also recently come around to these! When I first saw them, thought they were awful and yet lately I’ve been wanting a pair…

11. beth says:

I think they are wonderfully weird. I love them! Isabel Marant, alas, like so many french designers, don’t make shoes that go past 10. I’m about a 10.5. Also can’t wear Bensimmon ballerinas for same reason.

I love your website and I am torn. Whether to see you continue on with your wonderful posts or see you in a new post as editor of some fabulous magazine (which maybe you don’t even want–?).

12. Abby says:

I love these and love this trend! Sadly, I can’t afford Isabel Marant, but I found these at Forever 21 and I don’t even take them off to sleep! http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=shoes_sneakers&ProductID=2030287267&VariantID=