Saturday 17th April 2021

The ladies bring it

Who says there’s only room in Hollywood for 23 year-old chippies? Check out how fantastic Julia-Louis Dreyfus looked on the red carpet. Also, I was glad she won for Best Actress in a Comedy: Veep is hilarious.

And I can’t say I was one thousand per cent  on board with Julianne Moore’s dress, but is there a more beautiful creature anywhere? She is 51, people!

Meanwhile, I  think January Jones should explore the possibility that maybe her stylist doesn’t like her very much.

Posted on September 24th, 2012 12 Comments

1. Sheri says:

I loved the dress that January Jones wore! I thought her hair and make-up were terrible.

2. carmencatalina says:

Julianne Moore looks fabulous – I actually love the dress, she makes it work.

3. Kiki says:

Love Julianne Moore and loved her dress and her acceptance speech!

Julianne Moore *is* gorgeous … but I just say no to large amounts of yellow. It does nothing for anyone. Sorry but I really hate it … and that neckline is much too high.

The Jones dress is not great, but at least it’s not yellow.

Love, love love JL-F.

5. Mayim Bialik, a conservative Orthodox Jew, made a big fuss about finding an appropriate yet fashionable dress to wear to the Emmys and promised a “big reveal.” It was a dowdy mess.

For covering the same amount of acreage, Julianne Moore’s dress was so much more fashionable.

P.S. I nearly plotzed when JLD won for “Veep” – I love that show!

6. Katie says:

With her hair as a foil, Julianne was the only one who pulled off a highlighter hue. Plus, I marveled at her no-sag bust, so her dress worked for me.

7. Jill Pinnella Corso says:

I have to admit, I like January Jones’ dress too.

<3 Julianne Moore! She's amazing, even in that stretchy top.

8. Jill says:

January Jones’ from the waist up to the chin: fab. The rest: fug. Too bad. She has a great figure but (as far as I can tell) no good fashion sense to dress it with.

Love Julianne Moore…didn’t love the color. I prefer her in green. Or cobalt. Or black. All stunning with her skin and hair. The yellow was a bit hard to take.

JLD – love her no matter what she wears. But I liked last night’s shebang on her quite well. 🙂

9. mslewis says:

I dislike yellow!! I can’t wear it and I think it’s awful. However, Julianne Moore looks spectacular in that dress. Perhaps it’s because she’s way more beautiful than me. Whatever. She looks good.

I don’t know why January Jones didn’t know she looked terrible in that dress.

10. Ludmilla says:

Although being an Emmy winner myself in my previous life, I am far from being a good judge of the red carpet. I did not recognized 75% of people parading very blizzard outfits, it was sort of a surreal experince watching all that commotion about absolutely nothing.

But I like Ms. Moore’s yellow dress, there so much more beauty in not showing it all!

I am so glad I managed to leave empty Hollywood rat race and embrace real life on our wonderful ranch.

11. Sugel says:

Louis CK, who came into the night with seven nominations, more than anyone, won best writing for a comedy series and another award — outstanding writing for a variety special — for his “Live at the Beacon Theater” special.

12. Kate says:

You have to admit, though, January is consistent. I don’t always like what she wears, but it does seem to reflect her personal style.