Thursday 24th September 2020

It’s almost October

Which means that flowy, asymmetrical sweater season is almost upon us! I wait all year for this. Doesn’t this one just look like a big fat hug?

There are a bunch of sweaters that do this kind of V-thing dead center, and I kind of love it, mostly because I wanted for years to be cool enough to pull off a poncho and never was, and this seems like the wearable, grown-up version of that.

One way to get around concerns that a big old sweater is going to swallow you up: choose one with a super-flattering neckline.

And for those who prefer their drama minimal: this very clean number, which is only just slightly longer in the back.

For those days when 100% butt coverage is a must.

This one is such a nice red, and good for those who desire a bit less bulk.

Posted on September 24th, 2012 9 Comments

1. Kiki says:

Love this!! I have a great one from H&M from a couple of years ago that is now gonna have some company from one of these.

2. Amy says:

I love every one — and that’s saying something. Sadly, we are still in the 100’s in AZ, so I won’t be needing any of these ’til Mid-Nov at the earliest.

I love asymmetric things, except the ones that dip in the middle to me are a tiny bit loin-cloth-y. But I hope that’s just me.

Ditto Amy: I can only dream of sweater weather.

Agree with the “loin-cloth-y” aspect of the first two, but love the rest. However, they would have to be “when I visit NY” sweaters because, alas, I do live in Texas where we have about a minutes worth of winter.

5. Marti says:

My fave is the one by Inhabit, absoltuely gorgeous
    Marti

6. Yes, please … all of them. Will be looking for the lightest weight knits I can find, along with c.w. . I’m a little obsessed with the deep reds, so the last one goes on my wish list.

7. Nina says:

Love this time of year!! I’m all about every one of these- even the loin-clothy ones. Fyi thanks for the final push- got my Frye moto boots on Saturday- so happy!

8. Carol White says:

I live in this kind of look!