Saturday 17th April 2021

A lot of action on the shoe front

For those of you who’ve had a tough time sleeping or focusing at work as a result of wondering how this dilemma has played itself out:

I picked these up Saturday at Steve Madden.  They are infinitely comfortable, and the shade seems good for for this time of year. And I know what you’re thinking, but the sole is not the deal-killer that it appears to be, as the hue in real life is less a gummy pink than a neon pink. Not at all Bass Weejun, I promise. Plus, the sole of your shoe isn’t something that’s on display in most scenarios; it’s something you mostly  just get the occasional flash of—which because the color in the case is so contrast-y with the neutral—is actually kind of fun. And they’re $89.95 and you can’t beat that.  Also:

I saw these, which remind me of some of the sandals from the collaboration K. Jacques did with Opening Ceremony, only more versatile. And finally: because I fear  your preoccupation with the topic might be making it tough for you to properly care for your children and  observe traffic laws—this is how I resolved the whole platforms thing.

Tags: , , ,
Posted on June 4th, 2012 10 Comments

1. Hope1 says:

Are you being paid by Steve Madden to promote his shoes?

• KimFrance says:

Not a cent. This girl can’t be bought. And I’m way too picky. That said, at some point I will start accepting advertising and doing affiliate deals, and I do believe in total transparency about that kind of thing, so you’ll know all about it when it happens.

2. Eve says:

Steve Madden says my size 11 monster feet cannot have 🙁

3. daisyj says:

Those first Steve Maddens remind me a lot of a pair of Jil Sander oxfords a coworker of mine has been lusting over, so I sent them along. 🙂

Out of curiosity, how do you feel about the, shall we say, designer-inspired items sold by mass-market brands?

4. Lib Aubuchon says:

Now that you have them, are you liking the Maddens? I’m wondering if they’re relatively “quiet”? It says the soles are manmade so I’ve got high hopes.

• KimFrance says:

I like them! Very comfy. Although they are suede and I wore them in the rain and now they’re all speckly. I saw a girl on the street wearing a leather pair in roughly the same color but it has a blue sole—it looked really cool, but *she* looked really cool, so that might have had a lot to do with it.

5. Anne says:

The Oxford. A sad story. Kind of. My then 4th grade daughter (5 years ago) fell in love with oxfords at the shoe store. They were cute and comfortable — and her feet were hard to fit, so I was thrilled at her selection. Of course, she got to school and all of her little girl friends told her she was wearing “boy shoes”. Well, she was a tough little girl and stuck with the oxfords. Her friends are way cooler now — and she still remembers the oxfords with love.

6. Rae says:

I had a pair of these in the late 80’s when attending college in NYC. Wore them out! I saw white bucks on a young man the other day and my heart leapt! They are back! I am buying today. They look great with skinny jeans and a cool white shirt as you featured a couple weeks ago.

7. hey thanks, good read on a rainy day here